Pages

Wednesday 3 November 2021

Science (Eclipses)

 Solar Eclipse (Day)

The moon blocks the sun during the day which means the sun will disappear and in the middle of the day it would go pitch black for 15mins. Sadly the the path of the total solar eclipse doesn't cross our small country very often, the last one was 1965 and the next one will be in 2028 in which it will cross over the lower south island.

Solar eclipse diagram Royalty Free Vector ImageA Sunrise Annular Solar Eclipse - Sky & Telescope - Sky & Telescope

Lunar Eclipse (Night)

A lunar eclipse appears when the earths shadow block the sun and it's light reflects off the moon, a lunar eclipse can only occur if the moon is opposite of the sun in the sky, a monthly occurrence we know as the full moon. The lunar eclipse will be in November 19, and the next one is not comfrimed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.