Pages

Wednesday 19 May 2021

The Starfish Poem

 What is the main message of this poem?

The message is about a two young man one that like to write and one that is trying to save the starfish from dying because the sun is coming up and there not in water. I think the main message of this is that if something small could still make a difference in someone's life but in this scenario it is about starfish. When he throws the starfish into the ocean he is making a difference in that starfish life because it is better if at least some starfish survive instead of none.


Give evidence for this?

In the poem the boy talks about it when he is talking to the other young man he tells him that he made a difference in that starfish life as he threw it. He says this because the man told him there is no point because there are way to much starfish that have washed up on the shore and he won't be able to save them all but he doesn't care because he is helping the ones he can.

Starfish - Wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tyler, Richard here. What a great and powerful poem. I like the poem tends to relate to problems we face in society today well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tyler, I like how you added heaps of information in your work, maybe you could put the headings/questions in bold next time.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.