Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Charles Reserve

In 1920 Charles reserve got drained and used as a pasture, Charles reserve was also where some of the native and migratory birds and there were was also marine life in the area. The reason the place is called Charlesworth reserve is that it was the name after this guy called captain William Charlesworth. If you're wondering what he did to have his name as a place so what he did is he had a farm and he brought it into this place and his farm became Charlesworth reserve. Next week we are going to the Charlesworth reserve to help by planting some native trees so some native animals could come back plus trees. Take in combine dioxide and spit out oxygen for us to breath. but already there has been over 100,000 trees have been planted in the area but there is one spot that we are going to do some planting to help NZ Charlesworth is at Woolston, Christchurch 8023.

Image result for Charlesworth reserve facts

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.