Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Science

Aim: To learn the names of 10 household chemicals and identify if they are a solid, liquid or a gas.

Definitions:

  1. Element; A single form of a chemical 
  2. Compound: A mixture made up of 2 or more elements
  3. Reaction: A process in which chemicals mix together to form a new substance.
  4. Mixture: When two or more elements are mixed together.

Equipment:

  1.    Lemon juice
  2.    salt
  3.  sugar
  4.  Vinegar
  5.   Lemonade
  6.   Onion gas
  7.   Baking soda
  8.   milk 
  9.   Cornflour
  10.   Banana
Steps:

1.researsh the name up
2. Then put next to it an acid name
3. after that put it in the chemicals column
4. then put an image

Repeat the steps for all the chemicals.

Task 1: Put the 10 chemicals in a chart with the titles - Name, Chemical ingredient(s), Image, Solid/Liquid/Gas.


Names
Chemical
Image
Solid/Liquid/Gas
Lemon juice
Citric acid


Image result for lemon juice
Liquid
Salt
Sodium Chloride
Image result for salt
Solid
Sugar
Aldonic acids
Image result for sugar
Solid
Vinegar
Acetic acid
Image result for Vinegar
Liquid
Lemon Bubbles
Carbide dioxide
Image result for lemonade bubbles
Gas
Onion Gas
Sulfenic acid
Image result for Onion gas
Gas
Baking soda
Sodium hydrogen carbonate
Image result for baking soda
Solid
Milk
2-Hydroxypropanoic acid
Image result for Milk
Liquid
Cornflour
Amylum Clearjel
Image result for Corn flour
Solid
Banana
Malic acid
Image result for Banana
Solid

CONCLUSION: ( WHAT DID YOU LEARN OR SEE)

we have learned today about chemicals and gas, liquid and solid here are some names, chemicals, image, and solid or gas or liquid on my table that I made the one that is above this writing. The names that are new to me are malic acid, amylum clearjel and more I couldn't even say the name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.