Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Science

Image result for baking soda balloonsAim: To see which chemical 
the mix creates the most gas.

Hypothesis: (What do I think will happen) 
what I think is going to happen is that vinegar and baking soda is going to make the balloon blow up the most because that what I think is going to happen the others won't stand a chance.

Materials:
  1.  Bottle
  2. Ballon 
  3. Baking soda 3 tsp
  4.  Salt 2 Tsp
  5.  Soda water
  6.  1/2 a cup Vinegar
  7. Yeast 2 tsp
  8. Sugar 2 Tsp
  9. Warm water
  10. Funnel 
Steps:
  1.  Get a 3x bottle and a ballon
  2.  add yeast, sugar, salt then warm water, soda.
  3.  add vinegar baking soda with the funnel 
  4.  wait for it to blow up
  5.  watch it
  6.  measure it
My images:



























Findings:
I found out that my thought right I know that the one with baking soda and vinegar because I have done this before and it was really fun the smallest one was the one with 3 tsp of salt and 1/2 a cup of soda it grows really slow too so I was right and you were wrong.
YOU WERE WRONG!!!!





Balloon 1
( 3 tsp baking sod
a, ½ cup vinegar)
Balloon 2
( 3 tsp salt, ½ cup soda)
Balloon 3
( 2 tsp yeast, 1 tsp sugar )
Balloon Size (cm)
14.7 cm8.6 cm12.8 cm
Bubbles
Small amountsmall amountLarge amount




Conclusion:
Today in science we were doing an experiment about which one blows the balloon up the fastest we tried three different ways to blow the balloon up we put 2 Tsp of yeast in a bottle then we add 1 tsp of sugar to the bottle with hot water it took a while for it to blow up, it measured 12.8 cm and there was a large number of bubbles. 

And the 2nd bottle we put 3 tsp of baking soda in the balloon instead of the bottle because if we put it in the bottle with the vinegar in it because it would explode like a bomb but yeah when we did it, the balloon blows up so fast and so big it measured 14.7 cm. 

the third one was 3 tsp of salt and 1/2 of soda it was blowing up but it took a while for it to blow up to and this one was the smallest one of them all and it had a less amount of bubbles we had to put the salt in the balloon with this one too because the would shot out.

BYE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.