Pages

Monday 14 September 2020

Science (Can experiment)

Expansion is when something gets warmer it starts to expand and it is kind of the same thing as contractions but. When it gets cooler it starts to get smaller, this is good because with a thermometers work because the liquid inside them expands and rises and rises up the tube when it gets hotter. When the can is added into cold water the steam starts to leave the can so it is leaving the can empty, with very low pressure inside the can. Since there is low pressure in the can makes the wall of the can force inwards causing it to implode. When the water is getting heat up in the can the particles start to get energy from the heat and starts to move fast and faster, when the can was added into the cold water the particles started to slow down because. When the particles are placed in hot water it moves fast so when it is placed into cold water it will start to slow down because the coldest of the water brings the particles close together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.