Pages

Thursday 18 February 2021

Model Atom

 Aim: To make a model atom

Method:

  1. Choose an atom to make ( one between Hydrogen and Neon)
  2. Work out how many protons, neutrons and electrons it has.
  3. Assign protons and neutrons to a particular color bead.
  4. Get a ball blue tac and stick the protons and neutrons to this to make your nucleus.
  5. Cut out the appropriate electron shells and draw on the electrons with vivid.
  6. Connect the nucleus and electron shells and draw on the electrons with vivid.
  7. Create a label to go above the model so people know what you have created.
Results:

Discussion-
Atomic+mass number = 3/7
Number of protons = 3, neutrons = 4 and electrons = 3
Electrons arrangement - We had 2 dots in the middle shell and 1 dot on the second shell.
2 facts about your atom - Lithium is the lightest metal, lithium is used extensively in rechargeable batteries.

Conclusion
So in the end my atom model did work it as you can see in the photo but it broke a part afterwards, I would've add more blue tac to the atoms to the nucleus so it doesn't brake a part.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.