Pages

Monday 16 September 2019

Decomposition

Aim: To learn about the rate that different materials decompose.

Hypothesis: Bananas, white stylophone, paper, and bread. I think the bread will decompose the fastest.


Materials:


  • Test tubes X4

  • Test tube holder.
  • White stylophone.
  • Paper.
  • Bread.
  • Bananas.
  • Water.

Steps:

  1. Set up a test tube holder.
  2. Put 4 test tubes in the holder.
  3. Put Bread in one tube.
  4. Put paper in one tube.
  5. Put white stylophone in one tube.
  6. Put Bananas in one tube,


Findings:



3 weeks
Colour
Change
Observations
Banana
YellowBlack/brownGot fluffy on it. steam is brown. juice out. Stinks.
Paper
BrownBrownIt looks exactly the same 3 weeks ago.
Stylophone cup
WhiteWhiteIt looks exactly the same 3 weeks ago
Bread
White/BrownBlack/WhiteChanged form. black piece in it. A lot of water at the bottom.

Conclusion:


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.